Thursday, April 17, 2008

Things I love Thursday


C'est jeudi, vous devrait ĂȘtre heureux ! Translation: It's Thursday, you should be happy! I am at least. I'm hoping I'll be able to spread this infectious joy to you. I woke up this morning with a strange feeling. I felt extremely restless (I actually still do feel really restless), but happy at the same time. Things are changing, I can sense it...though I have no idea what it will be.

Anywho....shall we begin?

The "no complaints" experiment- I heard about this through a friend of mine. I'm trying really really hard to give it a shot. The aim is to go 21 days without complaining (though you're allowed to complain if you then follow up with a solution of some kind). Whenever you complain you give yourself a physical change, so that you are aware of it. In my case, I'm using a bracelet. I'm going to switch the bracelet from one wrist to the the other whenever I hear myself having a moan. My goal is to keep the bracelet on one wrist for the whole 21 days.

Freedom- We are all free to be whoever we want. If you want to be a walking contradiction, a whirlwind, a mind bending Sphinx-like riddle, someone who is happy with themselves and doesn't answer to anyone else, you can be! Let criticism roll off your back. No one is stopping you but yourself.

Icing- I love icing on stuff: cupcakes, cakes, cookies, gingerbread houses. I love how you can manipulate it into anything. It is the combination of sugary-artsy-goodness.

Cookies- Especially Macaroons. Yummy!

Random notes- I like reading random things that I find on the floor or on the street. I know that a hygienist would call me insane for touching something that has been left on the dirty streets of DC, but it's interesting to see what you find and to make up stories behind it.

Balloons!- yes they make my happy. Sometimes I get the inexplicable urge to pounce on them.

Dreams- I had a dream last night that someone I really cared about told me that he didn't want to see me anymore. I asked him why and he said that I caused him too much pain and that he was tired of trying to deal with it. That dream hurt so much, but when I woke up I realized that I had to show people I appreciated them, and that...if I was hurting them, then I was sorry. I generally have better dreams than that, and most people would ask why I loved that dream. The honest answer I don't love the dream itself, but rather the message. It reminded me that I have to keep relationships clear of clutter, for both my own emotional well being and theirs.

Having lots to do- I don't like being busy for the sake of it, since I think that usually happens because we're fearful of being alone or feeling like we have no direction. But I love having lots of projects on the go, piles of juicy stimulation and exciting people around me. I have a head full of ideas and starry-eyed vision right now I know. I have so much to do this week, but I am totally amped about all of it!

Tree houses- I just like 'em. I have a vision of an apartment in a big city with a rooftop garden, lush and verdant...and a tree house in the corner. It will require a secret password for access.

Honourable mentions- chocolate for breakfast. Coco Chanel -she really had a lot of character. Betty page-my fascination still continues. Blue hair-oh how I wish. The gym-I know it's a real pain in the ass for me to get up, but I am trying to do the best for my body. Friends and family- The are support stones and help me to remain somewhat sane. Poetry-I've been reading a lot of poetry lately. It's been very therapeutic, and enlightening. EFT- I find that it works for a lot of things, and keeping on it really helps. My job- I love my job, hate the work. :) My office plant- is the pride of my office at the moment. It's very vibrant and alive. I'm trying to follow it's example.

No comments: