Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Living between Wednesdays


I stole this title from another blog that I've been reading (it's called Living between wednesdays.blogspot.com) and I have to admit that it's quite appropriate. Wednesdays, more commonly known as hump days, are in-between-days. You're not quite at the end of the week, and you're not quite at the beginning either. For me it can be one of the most challenging days. Anyway, today I came into the office and Lo! I find material that I just had to share...for all you others pushing through the hump.



Ok, I know. Everyone and their granny has already blogged about this, but I just gotta chime in to quickly say that Garfield Minus Garfield is the most unexpected riot. Some old sage dude said something along the lines of "the greatest truths are the simplest, so likewise are the greatest men" and that tenet definitely applies here:
"Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the
Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about
schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern
life? Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a
journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young everyman as
he fights a losing battle against loneliness and methamphetamine
addiction in a quiet American suburb"

It's a shame that any attempt to make a Garfield Minus Garfield day-to-day calender would be cockblocked by copyright litigation. Hey I generally loathe day calendars. But seriously, I'd consider having an excuse to purchase and read the paper version of Garfield Minus Garfield every gosh darn day.

No comments: