Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day on Thrusday






Well today is Thursday and it’s also Valentine’s day, so I decided it’d be nice to honor both people that I love, and also valentine’s day. Now, those that know me know that I’m not particularly sentimental about Valentine’s Day. Yes, it’s not necessarily a real holiday, but think about it. We have so many varying responsibilities in our lives, ranging from work obligations to caring for children to running a household; we feel we cannot possibly make it all work. We may feel overwhelmed in the face of it all and never have time to stop. This leads to my point that sometimes, you need a day to sit back and look at all that you have. Now this can be any day really, it doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day, but it helps that there’s a date that everyone takes as a day of love. Many of you will say that it’s just a holiday made my companies to make you buy chocolate and flowers. I have two answers to you, a. you don’t HAVE to buy into the regular chocolate and flowers; you could do something else creative…and b. who cares?

Anyway, this is not a social commentary on the validity of Valentine’s Day, rather this is a post about things I love, and I just happen to love the photo valentines that I’ve received today. You know who you are, and I’m sorry if I couldn’t post ALL of yours. My computer is not the strongest, and forcing it to morph all those photos and save that gigantic file…would destroy it. I love you all though, and they are all going into the black book!

Crayola: I love colors (if you haven’t noticed already will all my posts), and anyone that knows me knows that I am kinda doodelish- I like to doodle around on paper with various pens. Crayola has made that possible by offering me something that I remember from my childhood, and can still use in the cheapest of sense for the silliest things.

Vanity: I don’t love vanity, but I do love it when a friend of mine feels absolutely confident in themselves and sends me a picture of their “new” and “improved” body. Especially when it comes with a short poem. Thank you very much! I heart you too!

Shoes: friends and family know that I have an obsession with shoes. And I received two valentines today from people giving me “what I’ve always wanted”. A girl can never have enough shoes.

Glow lights: have you ever played pool bumpers? It’s pretty silly but you get on anything inflatable in pool and just ram into each other, trying to knock the other one into the water. I used to play it a lot with my brother when we were little, and then with my friends…when I wasn’t so little. A picture of a few of glowing ones on a pool at night is a friendly reminder. Tres bon!

Bright colors and visual effects: rainbows in water, this is just an awesome picture valentine. No real theme or memory behind it, but I love the colors.

Friendly Photoshoped photos: When you can’t afford to send flowers, and aren’t there to give them to the person, what better way than to take a picture and morph it with a heart?

Diamonds: are a girl's best friend! J

Chocolate hearts in snow: To remember that even in the coldest day, the heart is always there

Animal love (NOT THAT KIND!): It’s good to share your love with your walking hamburger (sorry I just couldn’t help it!).

Sweethearts: chocolate…mmmmmm….and it’s torture that I can’t have those at a party tonight.

Red lilies: homegrown and home-decorated flowers are charming. You can’t really see it in this picture but the lily is red.

Seals Kissing: I couldn’t help it! I was kissed a long time ago by a seal in SeaWorld, and it felt like I was being licked by a bristle brush. I loved it, and there are fond memories.

No comments: