Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Review

Bonjour! well how was everyone's weekend? Mine was full of action. However... I unfortunately don't have any pictures (something I plan to remedy). But I will tell you anyway how it went.

Friday 3-28
I was supposed to go out with my sister today. Except that I had forgotten that I had promised a dinner with R & B Lo. Just to give you a description, these two are an old married couple that have been together for about 30 years (or more...I can never remember) and are the epitome of what I'd like to be when I grow up. They still love having fun and do so much with the last few years of their life together. Anytime I have an opportunity to see them I jump at it, because I find them in a sense...inspirational. I often don't know what to say to them, because they are very intelligent and it's daunting sometimes to think that nothing you could tell them would ever be a surprise because they've done so much already. But anyway, I enjoyed my dinner with them (which was a delicious Mango chicken plate), at Clyde's restaurant.

Afterwards, I hoped into bed for a pre-party nap. If you have never taken a pre-party nap...I suggest that you try it. Especially if, like me, you work yourself to death trying to get up early and accomplish all that you want to accomplish. Pre-party naps are a small moment in nirvana to gather energy for the rest of the night. Let me tell you, they help... a lot. I've gone to parties where I haven't had a pre-party nap...and I'm dying to get into bed by the time the party actually gets started. No more with naps! I can now stay up as late as 5 am, which I haven't been able to do since my wild wild never-ending party days. The party was a lot of fun, everyone was enjoying themselves and I got to see people that I haven't seen in a healthy distance time (which to me is about two weeks or so). There were plenty of "Stripz" (I'll write about that in a moment), and lots of fun to go around.

Saturday 3-29
Yes, as usual, I cleaned up my house. It desperately needed it (since I had been in the habit of just collapsing on my bed the moment I got home). Nothing new, but a good review of excellent Chinese delivery.

Sunday 3.30
I was planning to originally go to the cherry blossom festival...but I noticed just how many tourists there really were out there. It was a pain to get anywhere, so I decided instead to book my weekend with a few of my friends and go to the Holocaust museum. Danearys endorses the Holocaust museum. Very original and moving you get to see much more than you thought you would be. However....despite the creative layout of the museum (which makes the hours go by with out you even noticing), they did not do such a good job with designing how it would be with crowds. It was pretty hard to get to read the various signs and watch some of the movies, because you were constantly pushing your way just to see them. Not to mention, I was a bit embittered with the attitudes of some of the people there. I heard comments like: "Look....he's soooo skinny". On numerous occasions I wanted to turn around and shout at them with a sarcastic comment, such as "Well let me put you on a diet of work and air and see how you look like in a month". I know I'm going to sound mean for this, but seriously? Have some respect. There were also plenty of young girls gabbing away on their cellphones talking about their new shoes, just as they were passing signs of "Please turn off your cell phone" Plus...when I'm trying to read about the Nazi invasion of France, I don't really want to hear about "[insert name] making out with [insert name] at homecoming". Plus it's a little unnerving to be watching a video about how the allied forces liberated camps and came to scenes of bodies burned and piled high when someone's obnoxious cell phone rings off to "Shake that ass for me".

Other than that, it was a moving and compelling slice of history. Never again, is what I say. After that I went home and made some Easter eggs...just to make myself feel better. I'll post pictures as soon as possible. How was your weekend? Please do share

No comments: