Thursday, March 13, 2008

Things I love!


My apartment: It’s so homey to me now. It has become my favorite home from home.

Walks in the afternoon: the weather is getting warmer and it’s becoming more and more lovely to walk around outside.

My little palm plant: One of my co-workers gave me an extra miniature palm and I love it. I haven’t come up with a name yet…but I like looking at a change of color from the regular ol’ white.

My job: ok ok, so I don’t have an endorphin rush when I think of my job. But, it’s a good job and I like it. Recently it’s been making me happy and I can express at least SOME creativity.

Friends who know about taxes: Because lord knows I know nothing about it. It helps to have someone there to help explain why I am poorer than I originally thought I was.

New Pens: They make me happy. A lot like when I write in new journals, something about being the first to use something is very attractive.

Private sandwich shops: I’m not a sandwich person really. But if I DO decide to go get a sandwich, I try to pick the non-chains. They’re generally better and tastier. I found a good one the other day on New York Ave.

Random Food notes: A lot of my coworkers write notes to themselves and place it on their food in the fridge. If you pulled them out of context, they’re pretty funny. “Nuke 12” “pumpkin’s pizza”. You have to wonder about the thought process to go through that.

The internet:
I love, love, love the internet. It is like mother’s milk, and feeds my brain…sometimes with good information, sometimes with junk.

Genghis Kahn: I know! A lot of people will give me gruff about this, but think about it. He did so much, and there’s so much more to his history than people think. I am still reading my book (that’s because I’m reading five at one time), so I haven’t really finished it.

My new journal: It’s not what I normally get, which is pretty much a BIG sketch book. But it was free and it’s not that bad. I can still do some drawings in it…but it’s much more of a notebook than anything else. I still love it though.

My laptop: I’m so grateful to it. It has lasted me for five years and is running low on its lifespan, but it has just served me so well.

Having minimal disabilities: there are several people that will say some of my genetic “impurities” are disabilities….and to an extent they are: if I’m not wearing my glasses or contacts, I can see…but nothing more than a couple of blurry color blobs. But I’m glad that I can at least see something. I was listening to a show the other day on disabilities. While I’m not perfect, I’m thankful that I can do so much.

P.S The picture with the girl perched in the door way….LOOK AT HER FEET!!!! Creepy?

No comments: