Thursday, February 21, 2008

Things I love Thursday!

Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana: I love this opera…though it’s really not so much an opera as simply an acid trip. I was introduced to it by my English professor way back in the day when we were reading Paradise Lost. I loved it, and I still listen to it.

Hot Green Tea: I’ve always been a tea addict. Today I’m drinking a blueberry green tea. Which at first seemed like a bad combination, but it’s actually pretty good.

My running shoes: I don’t know how I make them last as long as I do, but man, do I love them. They make me feel happy just putting them on, like I have a purpose and that purpose is to move.

Peacock Feathers: I absolutely adore the colors in those feathers. They just make me so happy. I wish I had the ability to paint them exactly as they are. But I’m convinced that this is one of those things that no matter how amazing you are, you can never fully grasp the real thing.

My yoga mat: Yes, I have a yoga mat. Not that I use it that often, but I keep looking at it and it keeps reminding me to do things that are good for me.

Taking a nap right before I go to work: I generally wake up really early and get ready for the day. But, just before I change into my clothes, I slip back into bed to relax for ten minutes. I love that time, and if I’m lucky I have one of those “quickie” dreams and wake up feeling even more energized.

My mother: she’s in town and she just made my favorite dessert.

Clocks: I just always think about how much it took to make just one of those, and how it’s probably the first machine we’ve had (sun dial). Though don’t quote me on that, because I haven’t done any research on that yet.

Jingle bells: when they’re not being banged to death or sung about in songs during a particular season, they can be really quite charming.

Warm snowfalls: I love those snowfalls that lack biting winds, they make the snow fall down slower and it’s somewhat tolerable to stand outside and watch as the flakes fall.

Honorable mentions:
1. The collection of neon colored plastic cups that I keep meaning to recycle but always put off “until tomorrow”.
2. Making lists, hey I am me after all
3. Cupcakes: god I’ve been having a craving to make them. Not so much eat them as make.
4. Those quirky, inexplicable urges I have…for example wanting to make cupcakes? What the hell?
5. My brand new stapler!