Thursday, February 28, 2008

Things I love Thursdays


Comments: I love the comments that people have been leaving me.

Agyness Deryn: She’s the latest “it” girl on the model front, and I do admit she’s really pretty. But the cult of Agyness Deryn is beginning to spread and I must say that’s it’s a little scary. She now has her own mannequin, which stores like Zara and Benetton are buying and putting up to model in the windows. To me, that’s a little creepy, but she is pretty.

My black shoes: In case you haven’t noticed…I love shoes. Today I especially love my black ones. They are very Bettie page and I like that.

My new book: Genghis Khan: For a lot of people, this book would be really boring…but I adore it. I used to live in the area where the Mongoloid tribes are from, so I can easily understand the layout, and I think that’s what makes it easier for me. Plus learning about such an amazing man is fascinating. I’ll give you guys a review after I’m done with the book.

Family sayings: some members in my family are kinda nutty. But always with madness goes some form of wisdom. Today’s “OM” saying: “Sure you can always find prettier, handsomer, skinnier, wiser, richer, younger or zippier. But more often than not, one might learn the most, laugh the loudest, and smile the widest with those they’ve already found, especially when you stop looking elsewhere”.

Sharpies: Do you know how much you can do with these markers? If you get the detail point you can play around with sketches since the marker does not mark any darker or any lighter no matter how hard you press. This is a great way to express shadows through patterns. I’ll show you mine as soon as I can get a scanner

Easter Eggs: I love Easter eggs…and I know that Easter isn’t yet for another month…but I am sooo excited. I will probably spend a good fortune on eggs, but I intend to boil them so that people can eat them if they like later. Some I may blow out to make as ornaments, but there are just SO many options…I really am truly excited about the creative possibilities of eggs.

New Running shoes: They do make a difference in the way that you run I’ve noticed. That unfortunately often comes with the new blisters that you get too.

Temporary Tattoos: They remind me of when I was a little girl and would stick the ones that I liked on random parts of my body, and ones I didn’t like on other people.

Post its: I’ve raved about them in the past, but tell me if these are not one of the most useful things in the office that a person has?

Surprise money:
like finding five dollars in your pocket!

No comments: