Thursday, January 31, 2008

Things I love Thursday!


Abstract pictures: I’m a real fan of Dali, so I love pictures that seem surreal and fantastic. This picture was taken by two twins in a black room. Clearly they edited out the box that she was standing on, but it’s still kinda fun. It makes the “flying” girl seem weightless

Birds: I don’t know why I like birds so much. Maybe it’s because a lot of them are characters. They are fun to watch. This action shot was taken at the beach with a bird snipping at a chip.

Pie: I love pie. Enough said

Rainbows: I love it when you get light coming in from the window and it shines through something crystal in your house. This is a picture of a beam from my dinning room that we had back in the day at Ridge Road. I love the colors.

Altered Signs: I am still having my love affair with altered signs. Though this one is not necessarily altered, it’s just kinda funny. I don’t think you can really see it, but one sign (on the right) says: State Hwy 46 can be tolled without a public vote! Demand a vote! High cost of water, high taxes, loss of rights, invasive regulations! The sign right next to it says: Jesus is the Reason

Chocolate Labs: I miss my dog so much. She’s fat, grumpy, addicted to crack and has the worst dog breath…but I love her.

The look of “jewel lips”: This is the newest fad apparently. I can’t afford it, but it’d be pretty cool to do this for a party or something. Jewel lips. You can have gems temporarily glued to your skin and feel like you’re always worth a thousand dollars. This isn’t the first time that they’ve incorporated jewels into the makeup/fashion world. Madonna, for a while, had diamonds glued to her eyes as permanent sparkly eyeliner. I don’t know if she still has them, but it was worth 10,000 or something. Extravagance.

Raindrops on lilies: They look like small little pearls on the lily leaf.

Striking ethnic photos: I was looking through a couple of things about Afghanistan and I saw this picture. This reminds me a lot of the famous national geographic picture titled "girl", also taken in Afganistan. I love the eyes; how they contrast against everything in the picture. Truly beautiful…even if the photographer stole the idea from another.

My bed: I cannot tell you how I adore my bed. It’s warm, comfortable and frankly provides almost everything for me.

My ipod: yes they are not the best Mp3 players, nor are they the most flashy…but I like my little old-school ghetto nano (ask ghetto as an Ipod can be). It was one of the best presents I have ever recieved

Cosi salads: stuff is gooood I tell you

Post its: These things are a lot of fun. I’m coming up with new ways to use them. Soon you’ll hear it

Bright sunrises: some people like sunsets, some like sunrises. I like both, but I love the cold brightness of the dawn. It’s not as colorful, but it’s the herald of a new day. Remember tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Origami boxes: I’ve made an entire mountain of them already…I don’t know why though

Dark sharpies: especially navy blue ones. If you go into the back room and draw a little fly, it’s a lot of fun watching some co-workers swat at it. You can do this really with any pen, but I only had a sharpie on hand

My office manager: she is so sweet. She gets me and I get her.

Counting the insulin bottles in the fridge: don’t ask me why

The security guard: crazy old man that shouts at you if you have your key, even though you have to have your key to get in the building.

Mail: I love mail

Minis: they make my day pass by a lot faster.

No comments: