Monday, September 28, 2009

I support Helen Mirren!

Ah, what a good weekend. Very social. I went out pretty much every night, but it was during the day on Saturday that I fell in love. With Helen Mirren.

I went to the play Phedre with Helen Mirren at the Shakespeare theatre in Chinatown. I've noticed that lately I've been having somewhat of an obsession with Greek tragedies. Probably because my mood is already lugubrious and mercurial but, what a great play! Of course everyone in the play was excellent. Dominic Cooper (who played Hippolytus) was especially fitting. But I have to admit that Helen Mirren was the best out of them all. She has such a presence on stage and seems to melt into her character. I've seen her as a head house maid, the queen of England, a murderous and now a incestuous mother. She's just so good!

Anyway, long story short, if you have a chance, go see it!

Hippolytus and Phedre Aricia and her maid

Hippolytus and Aricia

No comments: