Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Review


Friday 5-16:
Oh boy, what a day. Work was like a grand duchess of the pain squad, and I was her little pawn. I spent the better half of the day running around trying to fix the big shi-bang mess that had been thrust upon me. But, I succeeded and at the end of the day I retired to a delicious night of movie and catching up. M was out of school and drove up to visit people in the area. I spent the night eating steak and watching a movie about law/racism in the south. I can't really remember the name of the movie, but I have to admit...it was good.


Saturday 5-17:

Graduation day. A lot of friends that couldn't graduate with me (or before me) were graduating. Let me tell you, it's the oddest thing sitting at a graduation event as an alumnus. Only a year ago I was the one dressed in green and feeling strangely euphoric about my future life as an independent. Now I was on the other side of the fence. I felt proud of my friends, knowing that they had so much potential. Afterwards I went to a graduation party for R, where his mother gave so much food I was in a perpetual food comma for the rest of the afternoon. Today was also the day that I met the infamous A, girlfriend to the equally infamous M. What a couple! They are so right for each other it's almost sickening...in the best way though. I have never seen M as happy as he was with her. She's one of the few people that I warm up to immediately and I like her. She has beautiful, kind eyes and a face that seems always ready for a warm smile. I like that. Plus she gets points on my part because she gracefully accepted a pounce.


Sunday 5-18:
After an entire night of tombstone (which I was asleep for most of it) and then packing up. I helped R move all his stuff out of the dorm. I'm just grateful that he didn't have as much stuff as most girls. I remember trying to help K move out of her dorm, and it was a never ending stream of cardboard boxes, tape and random knickknacks. Guys are a lot easier to move.

Anyway, after a couple of hours of shoving everything into cars, I practically slept the rest of the day and night.


That my friends was my weekend. Nothing exciting, but nonetheless enjoyable. I've very excited about tonight though, it's James Bond night. More on that later.

No comments: