Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Review

Hello all, yes and yes. I know it's been a while since I last updated. Please believe me, it's because of work. ;) So shall we begin?

Friday 5-9:
Oh let me tell you. Nothing seems quite as fun, as Karaoke and a few good laughs. After a steady bar crawl across the city, I went with a few friends to a Karaoke Bar. I am not an amazing singer, but I still had fun. Yes I looked a little silly, but it was with friends and besides...I had nothing really to loose.

Saturday 5-10:
Today was a day that i was supposed to be enthralled by Shakespeare...except good old William let me down. I have never read a Shakespeare play that I didn't like. This is not the same as saying that I have read all of his plays, because I haven't. This was one of those plays; Anthony and Cleopatra. First, I am a fan of Cleopatra. Yes you can say that she switched sides and had no real loyalty save to herself, but I liked reading about her life. So I went to the theatre with high expectations: Shakespeare showing Cleopatra in the way that she should be. I wasn't very happy.
You know how they say that great actors in Hollywood will sometimes star in a ridiculous movie, simply for the money? They're called rent movies. Well this must have been Shakespeare's equivalent. His rent play. I was so disappointed with how he portrayed the characters. But I won't get into it.
Afterwards I hung out with friends for a bit, and relaxed before heading home for an early bed time.

Sunday 5-11:
Happy mother's day! I went with my mother and my sister to Cafe Atlantico. I have mixed reviews about Cafe atlantico. It's not that the food is not good...it's that the portions are ridiculously tiny for the price. Yes, technically they are "tapas", but having been in Spain for a large portion of time....even in Spain the "tapas" aren't that small. Anyway, the food is good though...just don't go if you're really hungry. Afterwards, I went to go see yet another play. This time I wasn't disappointed and saw for the first time Julius Cesar. Now THAT was a good play. My faith in Shakespeare was reignited.



Short and sweet I know. But I'm trying my best to come up with something that I can squeeze into one my breaks. You'll have to forgive me.

No comments: