Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Review

So, how was everyone's Easter weekend? Mine was pretty good actually. As follows:

Friday 3-21:
I have been having a rough time at work, with so many projects being loaded up on my plate. Somehow, I don't know how, I was able to stay on top of it. But by the time Friday came around I was so relieved. I went to a celebratory after work drinks session and scooted home for a quick nap before letting the mistress of the night take over. I ended up going to a party at a friends house that was "invites only". The party wasn't that bad but the only issue was that so many people there knew each other, there was not much of a challenge. Anyway, the other contention I had was that people kept changing the song. It was actually really annoying, just play a song and stick with it. If I had the patience I would have played DJ that night, but to be honest...I wasn't in the mood to be the DJ I was in the mood to be the dancer. Which I ended up doing anyway. Overall the party wasn't bad and I enjoyed myself. It felt good to get out and see people that I liked hanging out with.

Saturday 3-22:
Luckily I have learned when to stop at a party. So I went to bed only feeling moderately dizzy, and waking up feeling only slightly off-track. This of course meant that it was going to be a nice, relaxing day. So I watched movies galore (since I don't have a TV) and cut up things. I made some yummy chicken lemon-zest marinade...it was delicious. I've also started planning my new paintings. More updates soon.

Sunday 3-23:
Happy EASTER! I know that not everyone celebrates this, but I thought I would say happy Easter anyway. I didn't get to sleep in on this beautiful morning, because I had to get up early and go to Easter Mass with my family. It's one of the biggest times to go to church for Christians, and my mother really wanted me to go with her. So I woke up early, (despite having gone to bed the night before at around 3 in the morning), and headed over to Mass. It was a long service, but beautiful; I knew all the songs and we had a full ensemble of instruments. It was really very moving. Afterwards I had a long brunch with my family (as tradition dictates), which was a lot of fun. But since everyone is doing something on a holiday Sunday, I went to a BBQ after my brunch. Overall it was a delicious and bunny weekend.

No comments: