Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's THURSDAY! And of course you know what that means: Things I love Thursday!

Crawling into bed after a shower: Because I am trying my best to exercise every day, I normally get up really early. But I have this lazy streak and right after my shower I generally shiver my way back to bed. It's even better when there's something in the bed to tempt you back into it.
Marie Antoinette style: Maybe it's the colors or the whole shebang about the rococo style, but I have a secret crush on the whole thing. Now I wouldn't wear some of the colors (like baby pink) but I appreciate the colors on other people dressing in the same style. I love the picture above because it's just soo....Je ne sais pas

Flower Farms: Yes some people will say that I'm ridiculous for liking these things (and my more environmental friends will scream murder), but I can't help it. I love flowers. Not because they're "girly", but because they have such bold statements and are works of art in of themselves. Also I don't think I need to mention Georgia O'keeffe in this list because my more conservative friends will probably cringe and cry murder just as much.

Balloons: Come on, who doesn't love balloons? They're a heck of a lot of fun. They can fill a room and make it seem like you're in some kind of air box. They give you crazy hair if you rub them on your head, and perfect opportunity to accidentally zap that annoying coworker of yours. Plus, they give you a really nice rack...just stay away from sharp objects.

Shoes: Yes I love shoes.

Bright bathing suits: Bright colors have always drawn my eye and I love the layout of the picture above.

Bratty kids: Yes they are annoying and a pain in the butt. However, you have to give it to them. They are the most amusing things to watch when you don't personally have to deal with them. I took this picture watching a mother go insane over her kid who was asking "why" all the time. Then suddenly the kid just looked at me and pointed. It made me laugh, despite the fact that I was slightly affronted. Damn brats.

Sparrows: The ones in the park outside of my office are pretty neat, and intelligent...for birds I suppose. They know exactly which type of people to hop around in the morning. For example you have the rushed secretary, who generally stops at the "Au Bon Pan" across the park, grabs a muffin and a coffee and tries to beat the light while shoving half her muffin in her mouth and downing her drink. She of course drops most of her muffins and the sparrows are right there to pick up the crumbs. I also see them as free city street cleaners. The are better animal citizens than those damn smuggy squirrels.

Punting: The sparrows thing above reminded me why I love punting smuggy squirrels. *Punt*

No comments: